Friday, January 9, 2009

We Can Make A Difference

Dear Community,

I believe that people in our community should help out .This year people are having really hard times and if we help out it will make a difference.
Helping people in our community is a great thing to do that is why I donate food to Hospitality House.

Yesterday we went to Hospitality House. When we were there a volunteer told us a story about a 29 year old girl who lost her job and her house because she could not pay for it so she came to Hospitality House for food. I felt really bad for her and that is why I am donating food.

Another story I heard was the saddest one it was about a girl who came into Hospitality House and she had cancer. She could not pay for it for one whole year and then finally she got the operation that story was so sad it made me want to make a difference.

Did you know that Hospitality House serves over 3600 people and 600 families every three months? That sounds like a lot of people and families to me.
Hospitality House provides over 20,000 pounds of food each month at no charge to more than 500 families. I think that is a great thing to do I wish I was one of the volunteers helping out it would feel so great.

My family donates all the time, and it makes me feel good about what I am doing. You can donate food, volunteer and put time into helping the community. If we don’t donate food the food pantries will get low on food and they won’t have enough food to give to the people in need. And if we help out it will truly make a difference.

Sincerely,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment